Carl has been in “landscaping for homeowners” since 2007. He started out in his own area, providing residential yard care: shrub trimming, mulching, mowing, seasonal cleanups, and winter snow plowing services.
Carl was consistently reliable in providing quality work so he was busy and able to build up his business. Over time he added services and hired help. Carl’s growth strategy was, do good work, customers will tell others; the rest will find us. And sure enough, over time both his customer list and business slowly grew.
He did the typical stuff…
- Get a business card and signage for his truck.
- Get a domain, put up a website; get feedback from family and friends.
- Wait for prospects to call. Bid on projects. Win some, lose some.
- Ignore website. Wait for the next prospect. Bid lower.
Then he noticed…
- His sales were flat, and costs of doing business were rising.
- Competitors were expanding in his territory.
- Competitors websites were “jaw dropping” mobile-friendly. Carl’s dream customers don’t just use desktops anymore; they use smartphones, tablets and laptops to shop for services online. Without a mobile-friendly website, he wouldn’t even make it to their short list.
- Competitors also had good Google star ratings and reviews.
- Competitors were “eating his lunch.” Carl was getting just the crumbs.
Then he learned…
While the marketplace had been evolving at Web speed, Carl had been complacent about marketing. Google now listed Carl’s business, alongside all his competitors, with their modern sites, ratings and reviews. Carl was getting bumped down and out of the market online.
Then he “got it”…
He realized that he needed a strategy for online growth. He got help. He got a mobile-friendly WordPress website with selected plugins that made it possible for him to control his online marketing. He used WordPress tools to make changes himself, and got good Google reviews. This led to more clicks and requests for quotes from “dream customers.” His website as a marketing tool worked. Business improved, momentum grew and his new vision began to come true.
Yours can too. To schedule a no-cost, no-obligation phone consultation:
Email us at inquiries.webgrow.com –or–
Go to webgrow.com/contact –or–
Leave a message at 978-663-3801